The Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation’s 2018 grant-funding round will open on March 1, 2018 for accepting “Expression of Interest” applications. The 2018 grant competition information will be available beginning March 1, 2018. They are accepting Expressions of Interest until April 3, 2018.
The Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation, located in Australia, funds Sanfilippo syndrome medical research internationally. They plan to invest between AUD$500,000 – $700,000 in their grant-funding program annually across four grant types:
• Translational research grants
• Incubator grants
• Scholarships and Fellowships
• Travel grants
The Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation is particularly interested in three focus areas:
• halt disease progression through therapies such as enzyme replacement, gene therapy and cell therapy, and employ strategies to enhance the effectiveness of such emerging therapies;
• repair and reverse the cell damage caused by Sanfilippo syndrome, which could include the application of neuro-regeneration advances made for other neuro-degenerative diseases; and
• improve quality of life through palliative care and symptom management specific to Sanfilippo syndrome.