Each year, the National MPS Society awards deserving medical researchers grants to pursue treatments and cures for mucopolysaccharidosis (MPS) diseases and mucolipidosis II and III (ML II / ML III). In 2016, the MPS Society awarded $485,000 in grant funding. Since 1999, nearly $7 million has been awarded to MPS and ML research.
The 2017 research grant program is now open. Letters of intent (“LOI”) are due on or before May 20, 2017, and grants will be funded in the third quarter of 2017. 2017 grant opportunities include:
• ANY MPS syndrome — $90,000 ONE grant (2-year distribution)
• MPS I (Hurler syndrome) — $60,000 ONE grant
• MPS II (Hunter syndrome) — $50,000 ONE grant
• MPS III (Sanfilippo syndrome) — $50,000 ONE grant
• MPS IV (Morquio syndrome) — $50,000 ONE grant