A free, online, continuing medical education (CME) course is available for any healthcare provider interested in learning about Sanfilippo syndrome.
The 30-minute course is targeted to healthcare providers who are unfamiliar with Sanfilippo, also known as Mucopolysaccaridosis type III (MPS III).
Upon completion of the course, participants should be better able to:
- Review Sanfilippo syndrome (MPS III) as a lysosomal storage disease
- Relate the progressive nature of the disease
- Describe clinical features frequently present at the time of diagnosis
- Name three common pediatric diagnoses associated with Sanfilippo syndrome
- Consider ordering urine GAG test and/or MPS enzyme panel once clinical suspicion is raised
This course is ideal for physicians, nurse practitioners, therapists, pharmacists, and anyone generally interested in learning more about Sanfilippo syndrome.
The free online CME course on Sanfilippo is available through June 29, 2021.
Creation of the course was supported by an independent education grant from Abeona Therapeutics.
Cure Sanfilippo Foundation Chief Science Officer Cara O’Neill, MD, FAAP, was a contributor to the content of the course in collaboration with P2P Syncro.
The training is available at: https://learning.freecme.com/a/36191P2VWjvN