The Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation is now accepting Expressions of Interest for their 2021 Grants Round.
– Wednesday 24 February: Grant round opens (Expression of Interest application forms will be made available on our website)
– Wednesday 24 March: Expression of Interest due
The Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation is particularly interested in three focus areas:
– halt disease progression through therapies such as enzyme replacement, gene therapy and cell therapy and strategies to enhance the effectiveness of such emerging therapies
– repair and reverse the cell damage caused by Sanfilippo Syndrome, which could include the application of neuroregeneration advances made for other neurodegenerative diseases
– improve quality of life through palliative care and symptom management specific to Sanfilippo Syndrome
More information about our research strategy and funding program can be found on our website: https://www.sanfilippo.org.au/research/research-funding-program
The purpose of the Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation is to drive research for a world without Sanfilippo Syndrome.
This will be achieved by:
- Funding research which might halt progression of the condition, reverse damage caused or improve quality of life for patients with the condition;
- Providing clear, accurate and up-to-date information to diagnosed families regarding the disease, therapeutic avenues and current research programs;
- Raising awareness of the disease amongst the community, including the medical profession;
- Advocating for improved outcomes for the Sanfilippo patient community;
- Improving the diagnosis path – more accurate and earlier diagnosis to enable appropriate treatment.